The last month of the year has arrived and it also signifies November 2022 Update Off Teams, which summarizes the features coming to Microsoft’s well-known communications platform. In its recent announcement, the Redmond company confirmed a number of new features, experiences, improvements, and even a new certified tool for Teams. Here’s a quick summary of the update.
- Easy voting process through one-click defined binary responses that allow immediate answers to spoken voting questions.
- Ability for dial-in, dial-out, and call-me PSTN participants to join the breakout room, then return to the main room when the breakout room is finished.
- New default automatic view of 49 (7×7) videos without additional settings, although this may vary by hardware or device capabilities.
- Updated pre-join, dynamic view, and updated control bar on Teams for web using Chrome and Edge browsers. Other experiences were also done.
- Automated browser launch screen pops for accepted incoming PSTN calls giving users CRM data, case data and other relevant information.
- Transcription for 1:1 calls and group calls on the Teams app for Android.
- Improvements to the Microsoft Teams Rooms collaboration tool experience, in which the video stream of remote attendees will be prioritized (optimized and magnified) over in-room participants on the room display.
- Hot desking support in portrait mode of the Teams display.
- Ability to choose reservation extension and hotdesking session end-time if hotdesk is available.
- Licensing updates have been introduced, with the existing Common Area Phone (CAP) license being rebranded to the Teams Shared Devices license which now provides a hotdesking experience.
- The Poly G7500 device is now certified for large meeting rooms for Microsoft Teams on Android.
chat and collaboration
- Ability to accept or block group chat invitations from an unmanaged user.
- The Send button can now be right-clicked to access the Schedule Send feature.
- Users can now start a Teams chat with distribution groups, mail-enabled security groups, and O365 groups.
- Clicking on the search message results will display the entire message thread for better reference.
- Teams now have an “Unread only” toggle button in the Activity Feed panel to filter out unread threads.
- Ability to upload documents to be signed from OneDrive for Business when creating e-signature requests in Approvals.
- Administrators have the ability to manage the entire lifecycle of a Surface Hub as a Teams device from the Teams admin center.
- The “Unread Only” toggle is now available on the Activity Feed.
- Teams connectors will roll out to US Government Community Cloud customers.
- For US Government Community Cloud High customers, users can begin using Teams Casting to wirelessly connect to a Team Room and display content from the Teams desktop client (Windows and Mac).